[Pcsclite-muscle] Client code review request

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Nov 12 17:55:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-11-12 at 18:18 +0100, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> > Should I be worrying about SCardReconnect(), and doing something like
> > the example in http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/pcsc-lite/node13.html?
> > Or does the use of transactions save me from that concern?
>
> Why do you think you would need SCardReconnect()?

Because I see warnings about having to do so if SCardTransmit() and
other functions return SCARD_W_RESET_CARD... but I have no real clue
when/if they might actually *do* that in practice.

> It may be the case if another application has reset the card. But
> maybe the use case would be to remove and insert the key again.

OK, thanks.

I have it building and running on Windows too now, but I always just get
SCARD_W_CARD_REMOVED from the call to SCardConnect(). Is that my fault,
or just Windows being its normal difficult self?

--
dwmw2