[Pcsclite-muscle] acsccid 1.1.0 Released

Godfrey Chung godfreyhkchung at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:38:18 UTC 2014

Hi Greg

> I've been maintaining smartcard packages in pkgsrc (packaging system
> which suppports many operating systems).  I am curious why this is a
> separate package rather than just having support in the regular ccid
> package.  Without an explanation, it seems obvious that support should
> be merged so that one doesn't need to install different code to support
> different readers.  (The answer should be on the acsccid page, since I
> would expect everyone else who looks at this to have the same question.)

Like other companies, we would like to maintain the source code and
provide support to our customer. Actually, our driver also support our
non-CCID readers. I think ccid will not accept those changes.

> Also, it seems to support only two operating systems, which is a
> regression from ccid, which intends to be portable.

We tested it under those OSes. It is based on ccid and I think it also
works with other OSes.

Regards

Godfrey