[Pcsclite-muscle] Authenticate on OSX with NFC

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen henrik at synth.no
Sun Jan 25 15:39:32 UTC 2015

On 24 Jan 2015, at 18:05, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I am able build pcsc-lite-1.8.13.tar.bz2 myself, and get ifdnfc to build
>> against that.  But I am unable to get that version of pcsc-lite to connect
>> to my reader (with testpcsc).
>
> Do not change the PC/SC layer provided by Apple unless you really know
> what you do.

I have not changed the PC/SC layer provided by Apple.   I have merely build pcsc-lite in my home folder, in an effort to get ifdnfc to work.

>> * either manage to build ifdnfc against the stock OSX version of pcsc
>
> Why do you (think you) need ifdnfc?

The ifdnfc project page [1] claims that the "aim of this project is to bring PC/SC support for all readers supported by libnfc.".  Also, I got a tip [2] that  "By default, PC/SC Lite don’t know how to talk with cards, you need a driver for that.   For what I’ve see, a project is started called ifdnfc to bring this functionality and support NFC card for PKCS11 via OpenSC."

That sounds just like what I am trying to do.

>> * or make my build of pcsc-lite-1.8.13.tar.bz2 connect to my reader.  Could
>> there be that I need to create a reader.conf for ACS ACR122U?
>
> Bad idea of Mac OS X.
>
> I guess you want to use libnfc. Exact?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

> If yes you should be able to use the acr122_pcsc driver provided by
> libnfc and use the stock PC/SC layer.

I think I need some help regarding to make that work.  nfc-list doesn't seem to cooperate, even when I use sudo:

$ sudo nfc-list
nfc-list uses libnfc 1.7.0
error	libnfc.driver.acr122_usb	Unable to claim USB interface (Permission denied)
nfc-list: ERROR: Unable to open NFC device: acr122_usb:020:005
nfc_initiator_init: Input / Output Error

Henrik

[1] https://code.google.com/p/ifdnfc/
[2] https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/smartcardservices-users/2015-January/000453.html