[Pcsclite-muscle] IFD polling

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 19:51:04 UTC 2015

> The worst part to me is the timeout. Which gets us back to polling right?

No.
The timeout is 10 minutes in normal case or 5 seconds in case of auto
power off [1] and then 10 minutes.

You also need to support TAG_IFD_STOP_POLLING_THREAD so pcscd can stop
your polling function either to switch to a 5 seconds timeout or to
cleanly exit.

> Ideally we would want an event based system for this. Perhaps provide a
> function pointer to my ifd I can call to trigger this event.

It _is_ event based. Just return from your polling/callback function
on the event.
You can whatever event based (or not) you want in your callback function.

> I'm assuming that the interface describes is compliant with pcsc spec? Is it
> missing anything?

PC/SC does not describe the IFDHandler API [2], only the PC/SC API [3].

Bye

[1] http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2010/10/card-auto-power-on-and-off.html
[2] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__IFDHandler.html
[3] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/api/group__API.html