[Pcsclite-muscle] Difference from Windows' implementation with regard to PC/SC shared mode

Maksim Ivanov emaxx at google.com
Mon Oct 31 21:26:37 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Ludovic Rousseau
<ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maskim, can you try again on Windows but using 2 different hContext
> (SCardEstablishContext) in the 2 threads?

Sorry, I don't have a Windows device at hand. I'll try to find one and
see whether I can reproduce the issue.

I based my message on a report from one of our partners.

Though sorry for not mentioning explicitly that I didn't have a
reproducible test case.

> Afaik reusing the same context in different threads is considered bad practice
> (http://muscle.musclecard.narkive.com/ZAn5vTFD/multiple-threads-and-scardgetstatuschange)?

That's true. Though in the case described by me two different handles were used.

Regards,
Maksim