[Pcsclite-muscle] High CPU load with pcscd and Kerkey security Module

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:37:47 UTC 2016

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 2:31 PM, Ludovic Rousseau
> <ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sry for the late response, I regenerate the log and copied everything
>>> from cmdline.
>>
>> Please do NOT copy anything from command line output.
>>
>> The full command:
>> sudo LIBCCID_ifdLogLevel=0x000F pcscd --foreground --debug --apdu
>> --color | tee log.txt
>
> I created the log now exactly with your cmd including the pipe tee log.
> But it looks nearly the same as before with hole commandline output.

Yes. But I have the colors.

> Before I created it without "tee" just because the "tee" cmd increased
> the CPU load additionally. Which I tried to avoid, because pcsd itself
> already consumed to much.

I could not find a real problem in your logs.

Your PC/SC application is NOT efficient and you could gain of lot of CPU cycle.
- replace SCardStatus() busy loop by SCardGetStatusChange()
- do not use SCardBeginTransaction()/SCardEndTransaction() with no
APDU exchange in between. It is useless, unless I missed something.

Are you the author of the PC/SC application running on your board?

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau