RFH: Perl

Guy Hulbert ghperl at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 01:09:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 00:09:12 +0200, Niko Tyni wrote:
>  On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 11:51:04PM +1000, Brendan O'Dea wrote:
> > Anyone interested in helping out with the packaging of Perl, please
> >  step forward.

[snip]

>  I think we need a place for discussion, so I've set up
>  perl-maintainers at lists.alioth.d.o
>  <mailto:perl-maintainers at lists.alioth.d.o>, subscribed it to the perl
>  package, and directed followups there.  Please consider subscribing.
>
>  If you think that's overkill
[snip]

At the end of the pkg-perl page http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/ it says:

    PS: We are not about packaging the perl interpreter.

So it seems to me that this list is appropriate.

>  Things to do off the top of my mind:

 - team documentation ?

It took me a while to figure out how to set up an Alioth account and I will
be a further while messing with building from the git checkout.  I like to
document *everything* so I'm happy to work exclusively on team
documentation for a while.

Should we have a page on the debian wiki ?

What do I need to test builds -- is etch sufficient or do I need a sid box ?

>  - come up with a team policy of coordinating uploads and anything
>  else we need to agree on
[snip]

--gh