perl post-wheezy

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Thu May 9 20:10:44 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 01:52:48PM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:
> > On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 10:25:14AM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:

> > > - debian/released-versions needs an update. The current version needs
> > >   to be there for it to appear in the perlapi-* substvar.

Hum, clarification. Quoting README.source:
   debian/released-versions
    contains a list of released Debian versions, used by the
    debian/mkprovides script to generate a list of perlapi-<ver>
    provides for perl-base indicating the released versions the package
    is compatible with.

It looks like the current version does not actually need to be
in the list, only earlier versions that we want to include
in the perlapi-<ver> list.

Still, having the current version there doesn't seem to hurt, as we just
released wheezy like that. So I suppose it should be on the upgrading
checklist (if we actually had one :)
--
Niko