perl 5.20.2-6 build failure on i386 and amd64

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Sat May 16 16:13:45 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 01:02:21PM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 09:45:13AM +0300, Niko Tyni wrote:

> As another data point, I've just built 5.20.2-6 on a kvm-qemu VM running
> jessie, both inside and outside sbuild, and both were successful.

Thanks for testing. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad...

> > I'll probably upload manually built amd64 binaries and file a
> > severity:serious bug next. Hopefully tonight (but others are welcome to
> > do that earlier of course.)
>
> I'm not convinced that this warrants a severity serious bug, given that
> we can't yet reproduce it on any other build infrastructure?

Well, if perl can't be built on the official buildds, I think it should
be tracked as a release critical bug somewhere. And perl is the natural
place until the real cause is found. DSA and the kernel maintainers
should probably be involved.

Also, I'd be surprised if this only affected perl, but until we have
more data on that it seems primarily our problem.

> I have uploaded an amd64 build, however.

Thanks!
--
Niko