CPU time accounting still broken on buildds due to #785557

Niko Tyni ntyni at debian.org
Sat Sep 12 16:37:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:06:49AM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> Hello DSA,
>
> I think I pinged you about this a couple of months ago; do you know
> if deploying the workaround in #785557 is likely to be possible any
> time soon (to disable steal time: "-cpu qemu64,-kvm_steal_time" in the
> KVM backend parameters)? It would be great to get this fixed before the
> perl 5.22 transition which we're planning for the next month or so.

perl_5.22.0-4 failed again on experimental i386 and 'all' buildds
because of this issue in QEMU. The #785557 log is a bit long as it
has all the history, the upstream ticket at
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1494350
is somewhat more concise. Basically CPU time accounting breaks after
live migration of QEMU guests. The perl test suite relies on this,
at least for times(2).

I'll do another porter upload with the missing binaries, but I really
think this needs a better fix. DSA: could somebody please look at
deploying the workaround above?
Niko Tyni   ntyni at debian.org