[rt.cpan.org #112021] libmath-mpfr-perl: FTBFS on most architectures

gregor herrmann gregoa at debian.org
Tue Feb 16 07:25:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 21:01:47 -0500, Sisyphus via RT wrote:

> On Mon Feb 15 11:49:59 2016, gregoa at debian.org wrote:
>
> > I've uploaded 3.31 to Debian now, and we can watch the build results
> > at
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=libmath-mpfr-perl or
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libmath-mpfr-perl
>
> Damn - looks like there's another architecture (that I didn't
> notice) throwing essentially the same errors.

Yeah, there's quite a few architectures out there :)

> Looking at https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libmath-mpfr-perl&arch=arm64&ver=3.31-1&stamp=1455556770
> it seems you guys have machines with 128-bit (113-bit precision)
> long doubles. Is that right ?

I'm cc'ing the Debian perl maintainers, Niko and Dom probably know
more about how perl is configured on which architecture.

> Where can I find the 'perl -V' output of these perls ?

Does https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/perl/perl.git/tree/debian/cross
help? That's the config.sh files generated during build, collected
for some architectures. Otherwise I need to log into the porterboxes
to run perl -V there.

Cheers,
gregor

 : :' : Debian GNU/Linux user, admin, and developer -  https://www.debian.org/
   `-   BOFH excuse #407:  Route flapping at the NAP.