[PET-devel] New PET page for the games team :D

Martín Ferrari tincho at debian.org
Sat Aug 30 10:28:45 UTC 2008

CC'ing the newly created PET mailing-list, debian-perl, where we used
to discuss about it, and Christoph, who was interested too.

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 06:37, Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at rulezlan.org> wrote:

>> Unfortunately it doesn't yet support git, but that is planned.

> Tincho, instead of supporting Git yourself. Why don't you join
> me with buildstat.debian.net? PET has clearly a more advanced interface.

We just had a short chat with Gonéri about this...
I think it would be awesome if we could merge the two projects. In
fact, since I knew of the existence of buildstat, I wanted to gather
the juicy info that it generates.

I think a first step would be to loosely combine the two applications
by enabling pet to read the buildstat reports and merge them in its
reports. For the git integration, it would be trickier so we need to
discuss design issues. And I need to read the buildstat code :)

There's also the awesome proposal of integrating PET with qa.d.o,
which Christoph Berg and Paul Wise talked me about. At first I saw
this as an impossible task because of the repository-centric nature of
PET. But after some thought, I think that we could work that out. Of
course, I'll need to see how qa.d.o works :)

So, let's get the discussion started!

Tincho.

--
Martín Ferrari