[PET-devel] New PET page for the games team :D

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Sat Aug 30 15:43:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 02:00:06PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 07:28:45 -0300, Martín Ferrari wrote:
Hi folks,

> > There's also the awesome proposal of integrating PET with qa.d.o,
> > which Christoph Berg and Paul Wise talked me about. At first I saw
> > this as an impossible task because of the repository-centric nature of
> > PET. But after some thought, I think that we could work that out. Of
> > course, I'll need to see how qa.d.o works :)
>
> And this is where UDD can come it: use the database as a general
> storage mechanism (i.e. also for repository data) which all web
> front-ends can query.

I'm a big fan of UDD but I don't think it's suitable for
buildstat.debian.net yet. I use a database schema designed for a specific need
with some optimisations related to the code. IMO, if I switch to UDD
today, I'll lost a lot of time for something less efficiant. I prefere
to keep the current DB and add scripts to synchronise the important
information with UDD.

Best regards,

     Gonéri Le Bouder