[Piuparts-devel] piuparts team development / documentation upload for etch

John Wright john at movingsucks.org
Wed Feb 28 09:30:30 CET 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 07:15:07AM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> On ti, 2007-02-27 at 17:16 -0700, John Wright wrote:
> > I've committed this change (and fixed my email address) in svn.  I'd
> > like to upload this soon so we have a chance of getting it into etch.
> > If nobody objects by tomorrow, I'll prepare an upload, ask my sponsor to
> > upload it, and ask the release team to allow it to migrate to testing.
>
> I admit I should have written a proper test suite for piuparts, but
> since I failed to do it... as a rule (I don't remember if it's been done
> already for this patch), it would be cool to test piuparts by running it
> against a number of packages. If time is short, running it against a
> thousand randomly selected packages would be a good start; checking that
> the results don't look terribly different from before takes a bit of
> time, of course. The piatti.debian.org / piuparts.cs.helsinki.fi machine
> is available for that, it's reasonably fast.

This changeset is only in packaging metadata, not piuparts itself, so I
doubt it will cause any differences.  However, I agree it would be a
good idea to perform sanity checks like this when we make real changes.
How can I get a login on that machine?  Also, did you have a
semi-automated method to compare the differences in output between two
runs of piuparts?  Obviously, you'd have to ignore differences in dates,
etc...

--
John Wright