[Piuparts-devel] Re-doing piuparts packaging

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Sat Feb 16 08:01:31 UTC 2008

Hi Lars,

On Friday 15 February 2008 21:38, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> I'd like to re-do the packaging, and to do it using CDBS. If anyone
> objects, please tell me before Monday. Thanks.

/me waves. Given my involvement in piuparts I'm not sure whether I should
object or just state that I dont like cdbs, because cdbs packaging contains
too much black magic for my liking/understanding.

> If there's a strong consensus that CDBS is evil, and we should use
> debhelper instead, I may require some assistance with that.

I've heard that you can use debian/rules -d plus grep to see what cdbs is
doing and convert it to debhelper, but I'd also be happy to help more
directly if that is needed.

regards,
	Holger