[Piuparts-devel] --*end-meta broken

Andreas Beckmann debian at abeckmann.de
Sun Jan 15 15:31:18 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-14 11:01, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 13. Januar 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> On 2012-01-13 11:57, Holger Levsen wrote:
>>> because I was puzzled that I couldn't find a file "meta" anywhere, but it
>>> there was none. In both cases the package passed.
>>>
>>> Seems --save-end-meta is not working at all.

these options were parsed into opts but not copied to settings ...

piuparts.git fix/settings  (on top of branch documentation)

Andreas Beckmann (3):
      cleanup options and settings
      reorder settings
      actually enable --*end-meta

> What's the usecase anyway? The manpage says "Mostly useful for large scale

No user noticed that these options were not working ...

> distro upgrade tests." but we're doing that anyway, without using that option.

Pro: saves doing the dummy upgrades to construct the reference chroot to
compare with
Con: to use this effectively one needs to distinguish failures that are
caused by outdated meta info after a mirror update

Andreas