[Piuparts-devel] piatti.git updates

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jan 30 10:36:47 UTC 2012

Hi Andreas,

cc:ing you too, as alioth is still down...

On Montag, 30. Januar 2012, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> >> piatti.git updates
> > a few more have accumulated inbetween
> yet 2 more

as usual, thanks for the patches!

But, could you please split them again in smaller chunks? Ie it took me some
days to look at this, as at first I didnt quite like the idea of special
casing lvm2, so I delayed looking at these patches.. in smaller chunks I would
have looked at the others earlier. Also it's easier to discuss / modify parts
if they come in smaller parts. And sure, just as I did

 for i in $(git log --oneline -n 14 | cut -d " " -f1) ; do git show $i ; done

I could have cherry-picked some.

> Andreas Beckmann (14):
>       update network issues

here I was thinking to simply grep case insignificant instead.

>       check for network issues before daily report
>       add cronjob for detect_piuparts_issues
>       add master_cleanup script and run it after reboot
>       don't 'keep bugged state' when archiving
>       read piuparts.conf instead of using hardcoded values
>       add exception for lvm2/squeeze
>       chmod -x known_problems/*.conf
>       update "command not found" pattern
>       look for the full name of the known problem
>       add --recheck|--recheck-failed options
>       delete duplicate command_not_found_during_purge template

all fine!

>       rewrap templates

here you also changed content:

-usertag 563783 + piuparts
+usertag 123456 + piuparts

#563783 is a valid example.

>       new template fails_to_purge_-_command_ucf_in_postrm_not_found
>
> and I reshuffled then a bit, too.
>
> After applying, run
>   detect_well_known_problems --recheck
> in order to recompute *.kpr for the new command not found check

will do, but first checking locally.

cheers,
	Holger