[Pkg-clamav-devel] Release plans?

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Mon Feb 9 09:26:38 UTC 2009

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 22:36:01 +0100 Michael Tautschnig <mt at debian.org> wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >Does anybody have the one and only idea on how to commence with the
> >gmp-licensing issue? Should we try to backport upstream's patch as is 
> (that is,
> >with the included source) and try to hammer it into lenny, or should we 
> hope for
> >the release team to allow this RC bug to stay in there for the release and
> >prepare a patched version for lenny r1, or should we fully ignore it for 
> lenny
> >and wait for 0.95 to be released?
> >
> >If there is a preference for the backport-version, I'd offer to try to do 
> it
> >over the weekend, but then again we need to think about going for a 
> version that
> >links against an external libTomMath.
> >
> 0.95 is a month or two away and will break all the libclamav rdepends.  I 
> wouldn't wait.

But changing to libtommath could break quite a bit as well, so I'm really not
that much a fan of doing this for lenny. Well, we'll see whether the release
team forces us to do it or not.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 194 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-clamav-devel/attachments/20090209/638e0757/attachment.pgp 

More information about the Pkg-clamav-devel mailing list