Common Lisp at DebCamp/DebConf8
luca at pca.it
Thu Mar 6 21:32:02 UTC 2008
This year as well I'll be present at the annual Debian Conference .
And since migration to the team maintenance for Common Lisp packages is
moving slower than what I planned, I intend to work on it during the
DebCamp (i.e. the week preceding DebConf).
Here the rough plan...
1) finish package migration, including all the "features" (e.g. like
commit notifications) and trying to have a common layout for all the
packages (which also means fixing some bugs)
2) improve the website, which should be the primary place for people to
get in touch with CL on Debian: the best would be to have something
similar to the Debian-Med website 
3) create "general" packages to smooth the CL experience: to have a
working CL environment you just need to install a single 'cl-debian'
(meta)package which depends on some "basic" packages. OTOH, the same
should be true if you want to package CL software following the team
policy: install 'cl-debian-dev' and have fun! Most of this work must
reflect (better, re-use) material from the website...
4) create an automated envrynoment to test package installations: each
package distributed as "ASDF sources" must compile without errors
before entering the Debian archive
5) other stuff not yet born :-D
Now let's start to discuss about the points above!
Gismo / Luca
More information about the pkg-common-lisp-devel