evince_0.8.0-1_i386.changes is NEW
installer at ftp-master.debian.org
Sun Mar 25 01:47:03 UTC 2007
(new) evince-dbg_0.8.0-1_i386.deb extra gnome
Document (postscript, pdf) viewer - debugging symbols
Evince is a simple multi-page document viewer. It can display and print
PostScript (PS), Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), DJVU, DVI and Portable
Document Format (PDF) files.
When supported by the document, it also allows searching for text,
copying text to the clipboard, hypertext navigation, and
The PDF renderer is based on XPDF. The PS renderer uses Ghostscript.
This package contains the debugging symbols needed by gdb.
Changes: evince (0.8.0-1) experimental; urgency=low
[ Loic Minier ]
* Fix watch file to track all releases and use HTTP.
* Add a get-orig-source target to retrieve the upstream tarball.
* Recommend gnome-icon-theme for the icon used in the .desktop file.
* Include the new check-dist Makefile to prevent accidental uploads to
unstable; bump build-dep on gnome-pkg-tools to >= 0.10.
[ Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt ]
* Move to debhelper compat level 5.
* Add evince-dbg with the debugging symbols. With the number of crashes,
this seems to be needed quite often.
* Add evince.xpm (converted from the evince.png in the package) to be
installed as menu icon. (Closes: #391194)
* Put my name in the Maintainer field.
* Update and fix debian/copyright.
* Add manpage for evince-thumbnailer and install it.
* New upstream release:
- Updated (build-)depends (Closes: #332633, #373162)
- Add dependency on gnome-icon-theme (>= 2.17.1), as evince uses
some icons from there.
+ debian/evince.1: Remove our manpage, upstream included one.
+ debian/patches/10_CVE-2006-5864.patch: Removed, included upstream.
+ Upstream changes:
- Fixed PS security problem. (Closes: #400904)
- Fixed printing of multiple copies. (Closes: #401172)
- Added support for compressed document types. (Closes: #329620,
#388188, #395119, #412613)
- Reworked printing dialog, allowing to print only even/odd pages
and fixing various problems. (Closes: #402398, #355845)
- Fixed various problems happening when trying to reload documents.
(Closes: #388368, #396467, #405130)
- Fixed mime type detection to use file data, not the file name.
(Closes: #327769, #368351)
- Fixed fullscreen/presentation mode problems. The toolbar is now
only displayed on relevant (virtual) screens, zooming works
properly. (Closes: #399906)
- Fixed generation of thumbnail images to not provide RGBA, but only
RGB images. (Closes: #367612)
- Fixed documentation to clear up the "scroll by dragging the mouse"
feature. (Closes: #384749)
- Fixed page-(down|up) behaviour in Dual View-mode. (Closes: #359143)
- Fixed display of foreign character sets like japanese (Closes:
- Fixed a bunch of rendering quirks (Closes: #383399, #394124)
- Add support for a bookmark system that defaults to opening
a file on the page it was closed before. (Closes: #342839)
Override entries for your package:
evince_0.8.0-1.dsc - source gnome
evince_0.8.0-1_i386.deb - optional gnome
Announcing to debian-devel-changes at lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 327769 329620 332633 342839 355845 359143 367612 368351 373162 379105 383399 384749 388188 388368 391194 394124 395119 396467 399906 400904 401172 402398 405130 412613
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.
More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers