Bug#416529: Broken non-ASCII characters in the properties for some files)

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at tikei.de
Wed Mar 28 20:55:58 UTC 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 21:44:00 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 21:28:48 +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:
> >  Could you test with only v2 tags?  (--delete-v1)
> > 
> >  I think v1 tags are broken WRT to handling of the encoding and it's
> >  only safe to assume ISO and nothing else, but I don't know whether RB
> >  prefers v1 versus v2.
> Yeah, I just saw that I set only v1 tags. I'm somewhat puzzled that a
> program that is named "id3v2" only writes id2v1 tags. At least I can
> not find in the manpage how to set id3v2 tags without messing around
> with id3v1 tags before.

OK, I tried again by first creating an id3v1 tag, converting it to v2
and then deleting v1 (really obscure...). Again, the ISO8859-1 encoded
tag works and the UTF8 encoded tag is broken. I updated the files to
the links (foo.mp3 and foo-iso.mp3) to the ones with id3v2 tags.


More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers mailing list