Upcoming xulrunner transition
mh at glandium.org
Sat Jun 7 06:50:17 UTC 2008
I'm taking advantage of the fact I have temporary ADSL synchronization
to send this message. Unfortunately, I don't know how long it will last,
nor when the service will be properly repaired.
Anyways, As gcj-4.x have now transitioned, it's time for xulrunner
transition. Unfortunately, without network access, I've not been able to
do due work on the last 14 bugs on
Anyways, if we don't move fast enough and wait more, it's not going to
happen at all, and that would probably be worse than waiting for every
bit to be ready.
So here is what I suggest:
- I upload both iceweasel and xulrunner rc2 releases to unstable, after
I'm ready to upload them, and after you tell me I can go on, if my
network connection permits.
- Rdeps currently in experimental shall be uploaded to unstable too
(which is why I'm Bcc'ing their maintainers)
- Packages with patches in the bug list above shall be NMUed (and here,
I'm counting on my fellow DDs, since I probably won't be able to do
this myself... uploading iceweasel and xulrunner is already going to
take a long time, considering how much badwidth i'm left with)
- The rest of the packages will have to be fixed (note that greasemonkey
will need a new upstream to work with iceweasel 3, on top of needing
some changes to rules and dependencies)
What do you think?
More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers