Bug#647272: mailcap deprecated?
lw at lwilke.de
Sun Jan 1 19:27:14 UTC 2012
* Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 31 décembre 2011 à 18:01 +0100, Lars Wilke a écrit :
> > your decision impacts mutt, elinks and probably many more
> > packages. What should one do about it, file a bug against
> > all of these packages?
> Filing bugs doesn’t magically fix them.
> Apparently no one is interested enough to do something about it. If you
> are, you can write, as already suggested several times, a tool to
> generate mailcap entries from desktop files. Or you can fix mutt, elinks
> and others to use the freedesktop.org MIME database to open files.
Hm, if i understand correctly the script would have to do the following:
1. foreach file in /usr/share/applications/*.desktop
2. look for MIME relevant entries in $file
3. find the corrosponding MIME definitions in /usr/share/mime
4. generate mailcap line
- How to handle /usr/share/mime/aliases and /usr/share/mimelnk?
- Also the result would have to be merged with the mailcap file, as i.e. vim
has no corresponding .desktop file but has a /usr/lib/mime/packages entry.
More information about the pkg-gnome-maintainers