[Pkg-ime-devel] Update on "MyOS" and scim-waitzar/libwaitzar (Attn. Paul Wise)
sorlok_reaves at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 06:05:33 UTC 2009
Thanks for the review; I'll get right to work. A few bullet points:
* Is there anyone out there who is willing to sponsor this package? It'll take some time for me to tidy up the package (and I will certainly contact the scim/ibus guys) but if there are any bilingual mentors especially w.r.t. Asian languages, please let me know if you can help to sponsor this package.
* Regarding the ITP bug you linked in: This seems like a good quality alternative to waitzar, for people who prefer to type letter-by-letter. I'm familiar with Mr. Stribley's work in the Burmese community, and it's all top-notch. I've used the myWin keyboard on Windows, and if it's the same one he mentions in the package name, then it's an excellent IME to have on Linux. That said, I have not used this keyboard on Linux, though I'm sure the author would be happy to answer any questions you have.
* The Apache License recommends placing licensing information at the bottom of the file. Is there a good reason to move it to the top? If so, I'll move it, but otherwise I'll stick with the default.
* local.conf is in the tarball because automake generates it when I run "make distcheck". I am hesitant to remove things that automake thinks are ncessary. Will removing local.conf affect non-Debian users of scim-waitzar? If it's harmless to remove, I'll take it out. (Same regarding config.guess/config.sub)
* Re: khmerOS's decline: That really, really sucks, especially from a project that made so much real progress.
All other comments (fonts, licensing, documentation) seem reasonable; I'll effect the necessary changes. Thanks again for the review.
More information about the Pkg-ime-devel