batik_1.7-1_amd64.changes is NEW
installer at ftp-master.debian.org
Wed Sep 17 18:47:08 UTC 2008
(new) batik_1.7-1.diff.gz optional libs
(new) batik_1.7-1.dsc optional libs
(new) batik_1.7.orig.tar.gz optional libs
(new) libbatik-java_1.7-1_all.deb optional libs
xml.apache.org SVG Library
Batik is a toolkit for applications or applets that want to use images
in the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format for various purposes, such
as viewing, generation or manipulation.
Batik provides several modules to be used in applications:
* A SVG generator module, usable to export graphics into the SVG format.
* A SVG processor and SVG Viewing component for integrating SVG viewing.
* A module to convert SVG to various formats, such as raster images
(JPEG, PNG or Tiff) and PS, PDF.
fop is necessary for PDF output of rasterizer.
For detailed information, go to http://xml.apache.org/batik/
Changes: batik (1.7-1) experimental; urgency=low
* New upstream release (Closes: #417888, #490556)
* Switched to using java-wrappers for executables; dropping the
* Switched debian/copyright to a machine-readable format
* Added ANT_OPTS to fix the compiler out of memory problem
* Removing 02_fix_jar_target, no longer applicable
* Removing 01_build_xml, as the created target (pdf-transcoder) cannot
be built anymore
* Fixed JAVA_HOME_DIRS so it can build with Sun's java 5
* Strip the full text of the Apache-2.0 license, as it now is
in the common licenses
* Switch to openjdk-6-jdk for building (closes: #397562)
* Several tweaks in debian/rules to build and install all the jars,
based on a patch by Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru at inria.fr>
* Now depends also on libxml-commons-external-java for SVG parsing
* Conforms to standards 3.8.0
* Updated rasterizer.sh to work with libxml-commons-external-java
and openjdk (closes: #490621)
* Move wrapper scripts to debian/wrappers, updating debian/rules
* Recommend fop for PDF output of rasterizer
* Removed README.Debian-source: we don't add the fop sources anymore
as those are already packaged in the fop debian package
* Uploading to experimental, as there are potentially much too many
disruptive changes to this package.
Override entries for your package:
Announcing to debian-devel-changes at lists.debian.org
Closing bugs: 397562 417888 490556 490621
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file. It is ok otherwise, so please be patient. New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.
You may have gotten the distribution wrong. You'll get warnings above
if files already exist in other distributions.
More information about the pkg-java-maintainers