[ANNOUNCEMENT]: XML Commons External 1.2.06 now available
mrglavas at ca.ibm.com
Thu Dec 17 06:57:27 UTC 2009
The XML Commons team is pleased to announce that version 1.2.06 of XML
Commons External is now available. This is a maintenance release of the
JAXP 1.2 APIs which were included in Xerces-J 2.6.2 and earlier.
Specifically, the changes introduced in this release are:
* Fixed a bug in StreamResult where it was not escaping non-ASCII
characters in its conversion of a java.io.File object to a system
* Modified the FactoryFinder and SecuritySupport classes to prevent them
from being extended or instantiated.
* Eliminated the creation of temporary Boolean objects in the
* Eliminated the creation of short lived StringBuffer and String objects in
each of the FactoryFinder classes. The debug print method calls were
creating instances of StringBuffer and String which were never read.
* Updated each of the JAXP factory classes so that they treat an empty
string value for their system property as if it had not been set.
Previously the factories would make a futile attempt to create an instance
of a class named "" and then fail.
* Fixed the Implementation-Vendor and Implementation-URL entries in the jar
* Fixed miscellaneous typographical errors in the Javadocs.
The source and binary distributions are available for download here:
For more information please visit: http://xml.apache.org/commons/
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas at ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas at apache.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pkg-java-maintainers