Bug#559143: SOLR 1.4 debian packaging
thomas at koch.ro
Mon Dec 21 10:13:43 UTC 2009
@solr-dev: Could sbd. from upstream help us out with a working tomcat.policy
for solr? For now I just granted all permissions to solr.
Hi Jan-Pascal (et al),
I've uploaded the current state of my packaging effort of SOLR 1.4 to
(This is a new repository and not compatible with the one found at the same
place until today)
I still have some things, where I'm stuck, listed in debian/TODO, for your
convenience copied here:
- Review web.xml.
- enable junit tests on build?
- Build javadocs?
- Decide, where dist/apache-solr-dataimporthandler-1.4.0.jar should go:
Or should maybe all jars go to /usr/share/java and be symlinked?
- Review debian/tomcat.policy
- Delete obsolete topgit branches from 1.3
And I forgot one todo issue in the file: - test with Jetty
About GIT and topgit:
- upstream tarballs are available from the git repository with pristine-tar
- the git setup is the default one proposed by git-buildpackage. So git-
buildpackage should work on this repository without any configuration
- patches are managed with topgit according to this workflow:
Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
More information about the pkg-java-maintainers