rev 4580 - trunk/packages/kdepim/debian
chrsmrtn at costa.debian.org
Mon Oct 2 21:48:35 UTC 2006
Date: 2006-10-02 21:48:35 +0000 (Mon, 02 Oct 2006)
New Revision: 4580
OK, let's keep the d-imap patch for now, but with MAIL_LOSS_DEBUGGING=0.
Then re-write the changelog to reflect this, and give MadCoder credit (but
feel free to re-write my statement, or change the solution, whatever).
--- trunk/packages/kdepim/debian/changelog 2006-10-02 02:37:13 UTC (rev 4579)
+++ trunk/packages/kdepim/debian/changelog 2006-10-02 21:48:35 UTC (rev 4580)
@@ -13,27 +13,14 @@
* Add Romanian debconf translation, thanks to Stan Ioan-Eugen.
- !!! TODO: !!!
+ +++ Changes by Pierre Habouzit:
- * Drop the d-imap debugging patch. It still isn't clear that the d-imap
- dataloss problem is fixed.
- * Since d-imap still seems to cause data loss, disable d-imap support by
- preventing the addition of new d-imap accounts from the GUI. [This isn't
- good enough, though. Need better way for current users.]
- !!! OR: !!!
* Modify the kdepim d-imap debugging patch to be less verbose and intrusive,
- but keep the rest of the patch with its safer file handling. No reports
- of d-imap data loss have surfaced with the recent code. Do we dare to
- close the bugs and keep d-imap in Etch?
+ but keep the rest of the patch, with its slightly safer file handling. No
+ reports of d-imap data loss have surfaced with the recent code, and
+ testing suggests that the problem is fixed.
+ (Closes: #321102, #332473, #350851)
- !!! EITHER WAY: !!!
- * Write kmail.README.Debian explaining that d-imap is dodgy. Maybe even a
- NEWS entry.
-- Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers <debian-qt-kde at lists.debian.org> Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:54:23 -0400
kdepim (4:3.5.4-1) unstable; urgency=low
More information about the pkg-kde-commits