[pkg-kolab] Migrating from Kolab OpenPKG to Debian
math.parent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 09:39:53 UTC 2008
2008/11/25 Fabio Pietrosanti <fp at khamsa.net>:
> Hi Math,
> i am Fabio Pietrosanti, my company is using Kolab from the OpenPKG
> distribution on debian and i am considering switching to debian package.
> I want to know if there is a mailing lists about debian/kolab users and if
> from your point of view it's reasonable to switch to debian packages instead
> of OpenPKG.
There is a mailing list (cc-ed). Moving the discussion there.
I haven't tested migration from OpenPKG to native Debian.
I recommend the following steps:
- follow [kolab_install] (see below) on a NEW server
- export you users and groups from the old server (ldapsearch or slapcat)
- import into the new LDAP (ldapadd) -> kolabd will automaticaly
- use [imapsync] ([man_imapsync]) to migrate the mailboxes
- make a script to copy IMAP annotations from old to new server (take
a look at Net_IMAP pear package: [getannotation] and [setannotation];
and send it to us !).
I recommend imapsync because OpenPKG packages use cyrus-imapd 2.3
whereas Debian packages are 2.2. Format are probably not compatible.
If anyone have a better solution...
> In particular i hate the way OpenPKG require managing software-updates while
> *i love* debian packaging system.
> Let me know, i would be pleased to became a debian/kolab users instead of
> openpkg/kolab user.
> Waiting for yours
More information about the pkg-kolab-devel