[Pkg-mailman-hackers] Planning mailman for etch
Héctor García Álvarez
hector at debian.org
Thu Sep 28 11:37:14 UTC 2006
El jue, 28-09-2006 a las 11:00 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst escribió:
> Hey guys,
> The etch freeze is getting quite near now. We need to make a plan for
> what to upload and when.
> My personal wishlist is to have the following fixed in etch:
> * Python transition (there's a patch being tested now);
> * Mailman 2.1.9;
> * Package split.
> If we want to do this, and want to leave room for actually testing the
> changes, I think we need to do it *now* rather than later.
> More concrete: in my opinion, we need to upload the version we want to
> have in etch right after the weekend. This leaves time for transition to
> etch, to get tested and for us to fix bugs. Of course we can make more
> uploads later but any structural change can't be postponed any longer.
I would upload the split ASAP to allow it to pass the NEW queue.
The python transition patch can go now or on next upload.
After split is on the archive I would focus on 2.1.9 upload which should
be quite painless as far as I have tested (which reminds me I have to
sync again your latest patches).
> What do you think? And are we going to make it?
I think we have enough time if we don't find any big problem.
Actually what worries me most is the NEW queue, because I don't know the
current workload of ftpmasters.
> I'm going to a BSP this weekend where I'll spend time on mailman.
Could we upload the split tonight or tomorrow?
Adding to it python migration if I can finish testing.
More information about the Pkg-mailman-hackers