siretart at tauware.de
Tue Jan 12 07:06:25 UTC 2010
I have some questions on the lives package:
- it build depends on
frei0r-plugins-dev[!kfreebsd-i386 !kfreebsd-amd64 !hurd-i386 !arm !powerpc],
However it seems to be available on arm and powerpc:
>> rmadison -u qa frei0r-plugins-dev
frei0r-plugins-dev | 1.1.22git20090409-2 | testing | amd64, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
frei0r-plugins-dev | 1.1.22git20090409-2 | unstable | alpha, amd64, armel, hppa, i386, ia64, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
have you tested lives on any of the excluded packages and verified
that it does work without frei0r-plugins-dev? If not, I think the
arch restrictions can be simplified.
- lives depends on libdirac-encoder0, and libdirac-decoder0. Should
that be pulled in automatically via shlibs?
- it build depends on python. why? I didn't find a check in the
configure script for that.
- package descriptions could be improved. typos and content-wise.
- it seems to be able to use cdda2wav. In debian we have a fork named
icedax. Is the current package to use icedax instead of cdda2wav?
- what limitations does the lives package have without trancode,
mencoder and mjpegtools? All of them are available in ubuntu but not
in debian. Perhaps these can be documented in README.Debian.
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4
More information about the pkg-multimedia-maintainers