Bug#669147: libvdpau1: latest version of libvdpau1 is missing red
debian at abeckmann.de
Fri Apr 20 23:44:05 UTC 2012
On 2012-04-20 19:24, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
Have you ever used the nvidia installer (installed the driver from
nvidia's *.run file)?
> Additionally I don't believe, there were released versions between -2 and -5,
> I searched for them at backports.debian.org, but found none.
There were never backports of libvdpau1. But (nearly) all old packages
that have ever been in unstable are available from snapshot.debian.org.
> As I made some upgrades during the last days, I checked today again. The bug
> is already active. No red colour on youtube videos. Shall i avoid upgrades
> during the next time, until the bug is fixed?
Just make sure other updates don't affect the behavior.
* upgrade (get into a consistent state)
* verify the problem still exists with libvdpau1 0.4.1-5
* downgrade libvdpau1 to 0.4.1-2 (squeeze)
* verify that the bug is gone
* try libvdpau1 0.4.1-3 from snapshot.debian.org
* try libvdpau1 0.4.1-4 from snapshot.debian.org
* go back to either 0.4.1-5 or 0.4.1-2
Send the output of
find /usr -name '*vdpau*' -ls
More information about the pkg-nvidia-devel