[Pkg-phototools-devel] Why Hugin probably won't be in lenny :(
kibi at debian.org
Mon Jul 21 13:18:19 UTC 2008
Hi folks, again.
The original plan was to fix the FTBFS bug on sparc, add some patches to
get rid of the compression setting for “old” enblend, and everything
would be fine. But the following discussion with upstream led me to
think that we won't be able to have a satisfactory hugin in time for
lenny, since it depends on more features from latest enblend
snapshots, not only the compression.
Upstream asks whether releasing enblend 3.1 “soon” might help. I'm not
sure we want to push a mostly untested enblend version so that we can
keep an hugin snapshot that even upstream people aren't releasing yet
(it's been now several couples of months since it's being postponed).
I've been thinking about that since yesterday and the only way I could
think of is keeping hugin out of stable, and keep enblend as it is.
Eventually try and see whether enblend and hugin (I know that its not
being in stable might forbid this, but I guess it might be negotiated
somehow) can live in backports.org for stable users. Sebastian, maybe
you are familiar with those questions?
I really don't believe keeping a buggy-because-requiring-unavailable…
…-features hugin in testing would help users, nor keeping the extra old
hugin, nor rushing a new enblend (and anyway, the timing is so hot that
I doubt it'd be feasible at all).
Someone with magick skills, maybe? I for one only see the keep-out
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-phototools-devel/attachments/20080721/ced365d9/attachment.pgp
More information about the Pkg-phototools-devel