[Pkg-samba-maint] Bug#561716: Bug#561716: samba: security=domain broken, server get's empty user name
Dr. Jürgen Pfennig
info at j-pfennig.de
Sun Dec 27 13:01:39 UTC 2009
Hello and thanks for also making the 64bit version of 3.4.3 installable.
Here are some of my results:
1) There is a new regression with member servers and passwd expiry. The trust
relationship (net join) only lasts for an hour. For one hour member server
authentication works (with another regression, see point 2) and after that
period it fails. The relevant information is not stored in LDAP - tweaking
entries there does not help.
2) while smbclient automatically causes the smb member server to send the
domain name, this is not true any longer for cifs mounts. In other words:
smbclient works and mount.cifs fails - the member server only sends the user
name to the master and leaves the domain empty. It is possible to add
domain=xxxx to the mount options as a work around.
3) Somehow network browsing now breaks lenny's kde 3.5.10 konqueror. I can see
the following console message: Could not get name of local/domain master
browser for server XXX. This must be client side, with Ubuntu 9/10 and Samba
3.4.0 browsing works. smbtree also works (lenny and ubuntu).
4) Ubuntu 9/10 with Samba 3.4.0 also does not work as a member server.
5) My windows 7 logon problem (samba server reports timeouts and only after
30s windows and samba find a protocol that both sides can handle) has no been
solved with 3.4.3
- server is lenny+bpo udates, amd64.
- clients mostly lenny+bpo updates, amd64 and i386
- one client runs ubuntu 9/10 with samba 3.4.0
- server and clients (as needed) use open-ldap for authentication
So long, Jürgen
More information about the Pkg-samba-maint