Bug#532456: Question about licensing
Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr
Tue Jun 23 20:51:39 UTC 2009
GSM0610: the COPYRIGHT file is:
snoopy:~/softs/ekiga/opal-svn/plugins/audio/GSM0610$ more COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992, 1993, 1994 by Jutta Degener and Carsten Bormann,
Technische Universitaet Berlin
Any use of this software is permitted provided that this notice is not
removed and that neither the authors nor the Technische Universitaet Berlin
are deemed to have made any representations as to the suitability of this
software for any purpose nor are held responsible for any defects of
this software. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY FOR THIS SOFTWARE.
As a matter of courtesy, the authors request to be informed about uses
this software has found, about bugs in this software, and about any
improvements that may be of general interest.
* This source code is a product of Sun Microsystems, Inc. and is provided
* for unrestricted use. Users may copy or modify this source code without
* SUN SOURCE CODE IS PROVIDED AS IS WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND
* THE WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE.
* Sun source code is provided with no support and without any
* the part of Sun Microsystems, Inc. to assist in its use, correction,
* modification or enhancement.
* SUN MICROSYSTEMS, INC. SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE
* INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHTS, TRADE SECRETS OR ANY PATENTS BY THIS
* OR ANY PART THEREOF.
* In no event will Sun Microsystems, Inc. be liable for any lost revenue
* or profits or other special, indirect and consequential damages, even if
* Sun has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
* Sun Microsystems, Inc.
* 2550 Garcia Avenue
* Mountain View, California 94043
LPC_10: I do not see any license in src sub-directory.
Speex: snoopy:~/softs/ekiga/opal-svn/plugins/audio/Speex$ more COPYING
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Xiph.org Foundation nor the names of its
contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from
this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR
CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR
PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
gsm-amr: snoopy:~/softs/ekiga/opal-svn/plugins/audio/gsm-amr/src$ more
This plugin implements an interface to the AMR-NB codec for OpenH323.
For licensing reasons, the amr codec itself is not distributed with this
plugin. Instead, you must download it yourself from
Unzip that file, and unzip the file 26104-610_ANSI_C_source_code.zip within
it into this directory.
Mark, what is your opinion, are all these licenses DFSG-compatible?
More information about the Pkg-voip-maintainers