transition: proposal libpt2.6.5->libpt2.6.6 & libopal3.6.6->libopal3.6.7
Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr
Mon May 10 12:24:55 UTC 2010
On 10/05/10 12:06, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 09:58 +0200, Eugen Dedu wrote:
>> On 05/05/10 00:14, Mark Purcell wrote:
>>> On Saturday 24 April 2010 16:53:33 Eugen Dedu wrote:
>>>> I have asked upstream (Robert Jongbloed) to make a new release ptlib
>>>> 2.6.7 and opal 3.6.8 with a very important network fix. As there is
>>>> about stable branches, there should be no regression, we will check it
>>>> anyway. Could we wait for a week?
>>> Any word on this upstream release?
>> I have sent a second e-mail upstream...
> Has there been any response yet?
>>> Can we backport the fix to ptlib2.6.6?
>> I still propose a last chance for that: if in one week nothing happens,
>> I do the backport right afterwards.
> So far as I can see, we're getting close to that week being up.
I have received commit access for ptlib/opal. I made all the necessary
changes. I need to make a few tests, it should be good, it is a stable
branch anyway. I plan to finish tomorrow or after-tomorrow. Right
afterwards, I speak with upstream to make the packaging for the new release.
>>> debian-release. Any direction on this transition proposal?
> Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. This transition looks
> self-contained enough that we should be able to start it without
> interfering with other transitions.
Indeed, it is only ekiga which depends on it. I will take care of
ekiga, it will be released in the same day as ptlib/opal.
> Do we know whether this will fix the opal FTBFS on hppa (#572384)? If
> it doesn't then the transition will get stuck in unstable.
It needs investigation. I plan to do it tomorrow or after-tomorrow. If
problems, it can also be done later, with a simple patch in debian.
More information about the Pkg-voip-maintainers