[Pki-clean-room-devel] outreachy applicant

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Thu Oct 13 15:54:25 UTC 2016

On 12/10/16 23:54, Elizabeth Ferdman wrote:
> Hey Daniel,
>
> My name is Liz and I'm interested in the "Clean Room for PGP and X.509
> (PKI) Key Management" Debian Project. For the last few weeks I've been
> applying to the Linux Kernel Outreachy Program so I've learned about
> building the kernel, inline email communication style, using mutt,
> more git commands and submitting good quality patches. I know python,
> bash, and basic UI design-- I haven't ever made a text-based UI but I've
> done front-end web development (you can see some of my
> javascript projects here eferdman.github.io/projects). The python-newt
> thing sounds fun and I like the idea of simplifying tasks on Debian.
>
> I use Debian on my Thinkpad T400 and I've just created a live disc so I
> will go try that out now. Is there a specific task I could do to apply
> for this project?

Liz, thanks for your interest

Please try making a script that lists the USB flash devices (SD cards
and USB sticks) connected to the system.

You can use Python or bash scripting.

In the output, put a '*' next to the device that was used to boot the
system (if the user is running the live image from a USB flash device
instead of a DVD)

Regards,

Daniel