[Po4a-devel]New release soon?

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:33:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:
[...]
> Debian should release someday in september (of this year). So, the
> distribution will become frozen soon, making it impossible to upload new
> versions. So, I'd like to get 0.17.2 out of the door before this happens.

I'll try to have the encoding issue working soon. It would be a big step
for po4a, and it would enable a basic (but working) use of the XML module.
It would be very nice to get this (0.18?) release into sarge.

> I just fuzzied a whole bunch of strings, and I'm sorry about that. This
> habit of putting "po4a::module: " before the error messages is a good one,
> but this string is not translatable and should be removed from the gettext
> argument.
>
> What we really need is a function embeeding the call to warn and sprintf,
> and reputting the module in front of it and the "\n" afterward (but not the
> dgettext since it has to be there to be able to extract the strings). It
> would help making the code more readable. We could also implement a sort of
> wrapping function setting the module name in front of every line. There is a
> module for that in Perl.

I thought about it some time ago. It would be nice :)

> Anyway. Please stop modifying strings now without good reason (I mainly
> speak to myself, according to recent history). Please do not add new feature
> to the stuff we want to release (everything beside msgselect and Xml.pm --
> same remark).
>
> And it would be cool if you could update the translations, but the release
> will wait for you, take your time. I always feel bad to ask you to do
> something. Even more when most of the work is caused by my lastest weird idea.

Hey, don't worry. I'm glad to do it. I'm on holydays until half september
(student life ;) and I want to do my best to help this good project. Also,
you're the mantainer, and it's good to have some guidelines on what are
the highest priority tasks :P

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta