[Po4a-devel] XML <? blabla ?> constructs

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:05:29 -0700

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 07:49:33AM +0200, martin.quinson@free.fr wrote:
> Quoting Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de>:
>
> > My document contains PIs (Processing Instructions) and po4a-gettextize
> > complains like:
> >
> > ../tex-refs/tex-refs.xml:9779:0: Unknown SGML event type:
> >
> > Line #9779 contains a PI like:
> >
> > <?db2latex \newline?>
> >
> > How are these supposed to be handled?
>
> Yuh, not. Actually, the XML handling is rather "experimental", yet. I'd like
> to make a real parser and so one there, but I'm not sure how to do that. Yet.
>
> For now, I'm sorry, but my hard disk crashed friday, so I'm doomed to webmail
> for now.

Ok, I'm back.

How should I support it? Is it reasonnable to do the same trick than for
CDATA (which is not implemented yet either)? Can I just ignore this tag, and
present it to the user as a string to translate, or is there any cleaver
action?

Thanks for your help, I am veeeery bad in xml.
Mt.

--
Ouvrir une école, c'est fermer une prison.
            -- Victor Hugo