[Po4a-devel]Recent changes

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 02:24:20 -0700

Ok, guys,

I am sorry for bombing you of cvs commit that way, but I had a bug repport
from a user (Philippe). It turned out to be a misuse of the scripts. I was
very happy, since it shows that the new po4a(1) is very useful. So, I
redacted an answer saying "You just have to write a tiny little config file
like that, and ..." and when I tryied, I found some bugs in the script.

I fixed it, commited, and retryied.

And this cycle went more that I would have hoped. If I knew from the
begining that it would be so painful, I would have refrained myself from
commiting each time.

But there was an existing spanish translation in the module Philippe was
trying to translate. I tryied to convert it to po4a, but it naturally added
a "translator" section at the end of the man page. I thus had to create an
addendum (and then debug the handling of addendum by po4a(1)).

The nice point is that it now had a real testing, and I hope that Philippe
will manage to convince the original author (Manoj) to switch to po4a. It
would be cool, and it would be a great example of how to do stuff.

Now, I need to get the version 0.17.1 out of the door. Jordi, would you mind
updating the translations after the recent buchery, please? I'm sorry about
that, but using the stuff, I found a whole bunch of messages which would be
better said another way.

For example, I changed all constructs like "adding addendum" to "applying
addendum". Indeed, it makes more sense to consider addendum like patches.
Strange patches (with only one line of context; but this line is a regular
expression), but patches anyway.

Let me put this sentence in the po4a(7) man page...

Thanks for your patience, Mt.

--
Le capitalisme, c'est l'exploitation de l'homme par l'homme.
Le communisme, c'est le contraire.