[Po4a-devel][CVS] po4a/lib/Locale/Po4a Xml.pm,NONE,1.1

Denis Barbier barbier@linuxfr.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:03:38 +0200

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 11:22:56AM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Michael Wiedmann wrote:
[...]
> > Further in DocBook there should  _not_ be any translatable text in attributes.
> > Of course there could be DTDs with text in attributes so it would be good if
> > this will be supported.
>
> Sorry, I meant only the attribute's value: "en". This is a necessary
> transformation for translated documents. I think that putting it as a
> string to translate is the easiest way to achieve it.

This would require a comment being added to PO files to let translators
know how to deal with this msgid, and my experience is that translators
hardly read such comments, because they use tools which do not display
them (kbabel, gtranslator, poedit, etc, very few of them handle comments
in a useful way).
This attribute may be automagically added, e.g. including translations
from xx.po could set lang="xx".

Denis