[Po4a-devel][CVS] po4a/lib/Locale/Po4a Xml.pm,NONE,1.1

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:43:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Martin Quinson wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:34:51AM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> >
> > Maybe this isn't very friendly to pure translators, but I think that
> > software translators should have a minimal idea about the format they're
> > translating (see the 'E<lt>' stuff in the extracted strings from the man
> > pages).

> difference... It's already better that the ".B bla" of groff (which must be
> alone on a line), isn't it?

Oops, no, no. I didn't want to compare them. I just meant that any of
these approaches are outside the natural language, and it requires a
(very small) knowledge about markup tags. With this I wanted to justify
that the artificial msgids have a difficulty similar to this.

> But if I had to redo the man module now, I'd go for docbook-like tag intead
> of pod notation. But I don't plan to change that for now...

I think this isn't necessary by now.

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta