[Po4a-devel]Line counting

Nicolas François nicolas.francois@centraliens.net
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 23:07:27 +0100

Hello all,

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:19:50PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 05:55:44PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > >Nicolas, if you have finished with documentation, could you please
> > >regenerate and commit PO files so that translations can be updated?
> >
> > Due to the last Man module modifications, there are some failing test=
> > that should also be fixed before releasing. Can you have a look at th=
em?

> Ok.

Sorry, I didn't notice this test suite.

It seems that the diff consist in things like:
  * -#, no-wrap
    -msgid "I<.i.>.r.I<.I.>.R.I<to be continued>\n"
    +msgid "I<.i.>.r.I<.I.>.R.I<to be continued>"

    Here, the string should not be of the no-wrap type (and thus, no \n
    appended). It was solved by resetting the wrapping mode after a .SH

    This has no implication in the generated groff page.

  * \fBfoo\fR replaced by \fBfoo\fP
    I chosed to return to the previous font when B<foo> was in the po
    because of something like:
    .SS This is a subsection with \fIItalic\fP text

    .SS display the title in bold, and here, I<Italic> should not be
    "post_translated" in \fIItalic\fR (otherwise "text" is in Roman, not
    Bold)

There is also another change not shown by this test suite:
.TP
.BI foo bar\ baz

generated something like (from my memory):
# type: TP
msgid ".BI foo bar\ baz"

and should now be:
# type: TP
msgid "B<foo>I<bar\ baz>"

Do you think these change should be mentioned in a NEWS file?

I've manually edited man.fr, man.po, man.po-empty, man.po-ok to reflect
these changes in data-02. The above changes seems to be the only changes.

Regards,
--
Nekral