[Po4a-devel]was: po4a eats accented chars when the encoding is wrongly set

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@imag.fr
Sun, 7 Nov 2004 15:54:19 +0100

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 07:30:28PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Yves Rutschle wrote:

> >That reminds me of something else I found annoying with
> >po4a-update: If you translate a PO file into some language
> >using iso8859-1, but forget to precise the charset in the
> >header of the PO file, and don't give the charset to
> >po4a-update either, then po4a-update proceeds to remove all
> >accentuated characters from the file.
> >
> >I am not sure what the best way to handle this would be;
> >presumably, one could do some heuristic ("there are many
> >strange characters in there, probably this isn't ascii") and
> >ask for confirmation that you do actually want to filter out
> >strange characters. Fact is, most of the time you won't want
> >to.
>=20
> Thanks for the advice. I don't have many time now to fix it, so it would=
=20
> be nice if you could open a bug report about it. Thanks ;)

Very impressive. Jordi is very impressive at project management.

He will shortly advice Yves to implement it himself, explaining how to do so
and helping him on the path.

That's fair, I did exctly the same with Jordi a few month ago :)

I'm so happy to see that this project is now autonomous.
Mt.

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A--