[Po4a-devel]Documentation review

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:37:01 +0100 (CET)

---1463811584-84379464-1101559021=:13209

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004, Nicolas Fran=E7ois wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:44:47AM +0100, Nicolas Fran=E7ois wrote:
>> I will also do a review of the English version (I'm preparing a patch,
>> which should not change translation, for some typos and will send it to
>> the list for a review so that other translators could just unfuzzyfy the=
ir
>> strings).
>
> Here it is.

I'm having a look at it. Here are the issues I find:

-----

<gt>)+

-(XX.po are the output, all others are input)
+(XX.po is the output, all others are inputs)

po4a-updatepo accepts more than one po file, so the plural form can be=20
correct here.

-----

  It is possible to give more than one po file (if you want to update sever=
al
-languages at once), and several documentation file (if you want to store
-the translations of several documents in the same po files).
+languages at once), and several documentation files (if you want to store
+the translations of several documents in the same po file).

I think that "in the same po _files_" was fine because it speaks of=20
updating one or more po files.

-----

-po4a - framework to translate documentation and other material
+po4a - framework to translate documentations and other materials

"documentations" sounds strange to me. I think this should be "documents"=
=20
or "documentation".

-----

-Translating documentation is not very difficult in itself. Texts are far
+Translating documentations is not very difficult in itself. Texts are far
  longer than the messages of the program and thus take longer to be achiev=
ed,
  but no technical skill is really needed to do so. The difficult part come=
  when you have to maintain your work. Detecting which parts did change and
  need to be updated is very difficult, error-prone and highly unpleasant. =
-guess that this explains why so much translated documentation out there is
+guess that this explains why so much translated documentations out there a=
re
  outdated.

The same here... I prefer "documentation".

-----

  Unfortunately, po4a still miss support for several major documentation

Should this "miss" be replaced by "misses"?

-----

+(which comes with the Perl documentation), for example. To make short, eac=
+language have its specific syntactic rules, and there is no way to build

Shouldn't it say "each language _has_"?

-----

  The first change is about font change specifications.  In nroff, there is
-several way to specify if a given word should be written in small, bold or
+several ways to specify if a given word should be written in small, bold o=

I think that it should be "In nroff, there _are_ several ways..."

-----

I think that the rest of the patch is okay. Nice job ;)

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta
---1463811584-84379464-1101559021=:13209--