[Po4a-devel]Some patches for the Man module

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:15:01 +0200

--mR8QP4gmHujQHb1c

Just to inform you of what I commited so far:

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 11:19:30PM +0200, Nicolas Fran=E7ois wrote:
>=20
> I also had to work on the testsuite (the check script) and added a
> stats.sh scripts for regression tests. Here are how this last script
> formats regression tests statistics:

committed, even if I had some remarks against them (they are still to do).
=20
>   + comments
>     It recognize some (probably incorrect, but usual) comment lines.

commited.

>   + nested_fonts
>     It deals with the nested font issue.
>     I have an idea on how to simplify it a lot, but I think it could be
>     applied, because it is doing a good job.

not commited. I really don't like this one as is, sorry.

>   + arg_next_line
>     It allows arguments to be provided on the next line for some macros
>     (.SH, .I, ..., .BR, ...)

not commited since it depends on the previous one, and since it still needs
some cleanup, as you said.
=20
>   + dot_lines
>     po4a generated some lines starting with a dot. In those cases, a \&
>     should be added to allow the line to be displayed. (for exemple:
>     .I ../file
>     is displayed in groff, but
>     \fI../fil/\fR won't be displayed
>     It also fix the same issue for lines starting by a "'"

not commited.

What about the code factorisation I spoke about yesterday? Note that it's a
minor remark, not a veto.

>   + hyphen
>     I had a obligation to fix this because I said Martin that replacing
>     hyphens by minus signs were always allowed.
>     In fact, it should not be modified in
>       - .so/.mso arguments
>       - after a \s (font size modifier, e.g. \s-2)
>     I also added a comment on why I *hate* hyphens.

Committed, with the changes I advocated, plus the handling of the mso macro
here, which were missing from your patch (yeah, I added 3 letters to your
patch ;)

>   + new_macros
>     Some new macros:
>       .R
>       .EX and .EE
>       .so and .mso
>       .cs
>       minimal support (when no argument is given) for:
>         .ce
>         .ul
>         .cu

This one wasn't in tarball.

>   + escape
>     It tries to deal with the \c escape.
>     It still need some work.

not commited. I'm not convinced here. Missing documentation?

>   + others
>     some other minor points that I could isolate from my working directory

Took the wrapping resetting on .SH, but not the others changes, for the
reasons I told you.
=20
>   + split_args
>     This fix an issue for the limits.conf man page.
>     It was also reported in #268904
>     It adds one string for the translation.

This one gives me headaches since a while, commited. :)

Thanks for your time, and have a nice week-end (I'm offline on weekends).=
=20

Mt.

--mR8QP4gmHujQHb1c

--mR8QP4gmHujQHb1c--