[Po4a-devel] Support for .de, .if and other groff code requests

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sun Aug 28 21:05:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've added some options to the man module:
  * verbatim_groff_code
    The .de, .ie and .if sections are copied as is from the original to
    the translated document
  * translate_groff_code
    A string is made for each .de, .ie and .if sections, and is proposed
    for the translation

Then I needed other options to specify the behavior of these new commands:
  * untranslated, noarg, translate_joined, translate_each
    lists of coma-separated commands

  * no_wrap
    list of coma-separated couples begin:end, where begin and end are
    commands that delimit the begin and end of a no_wrap section (no test
    is done to ensure that an end command match its begin command; any end
    command stop the no_wrap mode; it is just more practical to specify
    them in a couple)

  * inline
    This option indicate that the paragraph must not be split. The
    string to translate will look like "foo E<.bar baz qux> quux", where
    foo is the command that should be inlined.

With these new options, I was able to translate (well...po4a-gettextize)
some man pages from the 3X section (and also to beat my msgids per PO
highest score;)

I don't think this will work perfectly for every situation, but it should
allow to use po4a on most of the pages refused to po4a because of a .de,
.ie or .if section.

Before committing it, I would like to have your opinion.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral