[Po4a-devel]Re: [Po4a-commits] po4a/debian changelog,1.133,1.134

Denis Barbier barbier@linuxfr.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:31:01 +0100

All services from alioth.debian.org (including CVS and mailing lists)
are down for the week-end, please read
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/01/msg00013.html
Unfortunately we did not realize that alioth was on this list and did
not forward this message here, sorry for that.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:47:24PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
[...]
> >Obviously the last 3 msgids should be merged into a single one, can you
> >please explain how to customize the XML module to change how tags are
> >interpreted?  Here I would like to change <userinput> definition to have
> >it inlined.
>
> If you use it from the command line, you should only add the option:
>   -o inline "<userinput> <other_inline_tags>"

Thanks for the tip, but it does not work ;)

> If you want to do a customized module with all the document format
> options, you can take Dia.pm as a base, and add in the initialize function:
>
>   $self->{options}{'inline'}.=' <userinput> <other_inline_tags>';

Ok.  As most users will process DocBook XML files, it would be nice to
make their life easier.  E.g the SGML module has a list of predefined
DTDs, maybe we can have something similar with XML?

> I hope it helps :)
>
> Also... are you using the wrap option? (I think no, because there are lots
> of \n's in the bug report po files) It would clean up the strings.

No, I did not pass any option.  But this is what most users will do, so
if the wrap option is preferred over nowrap for the XML module, it should
be the default.

Denis