[Po4a-devel] [RFC] Roadmap toward po4a 1.0

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Thu Nov 30 21:19:55 CET 2006

Hello,

po4a is currently at version 0.29.
Until now, I always incremented the version number, but maybe we should
think about releasing a major version at some time.

So I would like to know what you would consider as the major features for
a 1.0 release.

I already have some ideas coming from my TODO list:
  * Use UTF-8 internally. This should simplify the handling of encoding in
    the modules (they currently have no visibility on them currently).
  * Implement po4a's core in C (for performances reasons)
    (We could support both the Perl and C cores if needed)
  * Support for translation database modules (e.g. for XLIFF)
  * Support autodetection of addenda during gettextization
  * Support for placeholders (e.g. translation of footnotes)

Do you have other ideas?
Any pet format missing?

Kind Regards,
--