[Po4a-devel] Two additional remarks

Heiner Eichmann h.eichmann at gmx.de
Thu Oct 12 08:45:26 UTC 2006

1. Please see the test xml file, I have sent the last time. test_chapter.xml contains the chapter:

	<para> This paragraph contains a picture
		<mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata fileref="apicture.png" format="PNG"/>
		</imageobject></mediaobject>
		<emphasis>within</emphasis> the paragraph, which is surrounded by the text.
		<note>This is a small note</note>
	</para>

In the result .pot file this becomes:

# type: <para><mediaobject>
#: ./testproj.xml:41
msgid "This paragraph contains a picture"
msgstr ""

# type: <imageobject></imageobject>
#: ./testproj.xml:41
msgid "<imagedata format=\"PNG\" fileref=\"apicture.png\">>"
msgstr ""

# type: </mediaobject><note>
#: ./testproj.xml:41
msgid "<emphasis>within</emphasis> the paragraph, which is surrounded by the text."
msgstr ""

# type: <note></note>
#: ./testproj.xml:41
msgid "This is a small note"
msgstr ""

We already discussed the >> and the wrong files/line numbers. What also anoying is the fact,
that the chapter is split into two strings:
"This paragraph contains a picture" and
"<emphasis>within</emphasis> the paragraph, which is surrounded by the text."
This could make the translation a bit tricky.

A workaround might be to place the mediaobject at the beginning of each para.

2. If I use msgfmt to convert a .po into a .gmo, I get a message like
"x translated messages, y fuzzy translation"

It would be nice, if po4a-translate could print the same output!

Heiner